Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Day Two

Describe something that you have learned.
I learned how to French braid hair.

How did that process occur?
I knew how to braid so my step sister said if you can braid you can learn how to French braid. So she helped me by doing a French braid in my cousins hair first, she went really slow and showed me what she did with every piece of hair. As she was braiding she was also telling me what she was doing, so I heard and saw what I needed to do.  She would tell me that I would add more hair with every braided piece so eventually all of the hair would be braided together.  Then she took it out, as she took it out I watched how the hair became unbraided to better help me see how it was braided together, she told me to try. It took me all summer to learn and perfect it, but I had to keep practicing.  I made a lot of mistakes and had to start over but I really wanted to learn so I kept trying and retrying. I started out with long hair because it is the easiest to braid, then I moved on to shorter hair which I am still working on how to perfect it.  I had to have a lot of patience and I learned that my French braids might not always look like my step sister's or other people's French braids.  Now the next step is for me to learn how to French braid my own hair!

No comments:

Post a Comment